Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sometimes You Are the Bug and Sometime You Are the Windshield

      I went in for a total knee replacement on April 13th,2009. I had put it off for as long as I could. The pain was awful. I had a good Dr.,and I had no problem with a hip replacement about eight months before. I needed to get back to work... Surgery went fine. Everything was A-OK, I thought. I was walking, slowly and with a cane, doing everything I was supposed to and the knee blew apart. This was almost a month after surgery. I had noticed a few days before that it was a bit more swollen than usual and a little red. Also where the stitches had been was a little puffy and red. But it didn't look serious and I had a Dr. appointment in a week. I wasn't worried at the time.
      When it blew apart it was bad. The bones separated from the implant, an I was standing up when this happened, but not for long... I tore completely into, every tendon and ligament there was. I was laying on the sidewalk with the bones sticking out of my leg. Do I need to say more....That Day I Started a 27 Day Stay in the Hospital....During those 27 days they found out that Mersa had gotten in there and loosened every thing  up.                                                                                                                           A ambulance took me to the emergency room and straight to surgery. I knew it was bad. I thought I would lose it then, but they put it back together. But it would'nt stay together and before I could even wake up I went back to surgery. they took the implant back out and replaced it with a spacer to keep the joint seperated and supposedly let the antibotics work better. I was on a lot of heavy pain medication and I barley knew where I was. The pain was horrendous, I did know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comment