Monday, October 10, 2011

What Happened

     Infection....That's what  happened. I've worked hard all my life, never missed a paycheck. I spent 27yrs. on Big Boats hauling coal & grain up down the Ohio & Mississippi Rivers. Wore my hip & knee joints out from all the jumping up & down off barges. Part of the job.

Big Boat

     I had one hip on right side, one knee on left side totally shot, couldn't even hardly walk, let alone work. I took a leave of absence to get them fixed and than go back to work for another four or five yrs. before I retired. Well, that didn't go my way. This was the early part of 2009. I had the hip done first, no problem at all. Than the knee and you've heard the saying," Without bad luck you would have no luck at all."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Comment