Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Last..........One More Time

    I'm going back into the hospital again, and it's going to be very hard to put into words how I was feeling that morning. This time to have my leg taken off. ( still hard to use the word amputation ) All I wanted was for the pain to stop. ....Just one more time....It just had to stop....
    I loaded up with painkillers and on September 3, 2010 at 7:O'clock in the morning my wife and I arrived at the hospital, with bells on. My daughter arrived a little before they took me to surgery. Both my wife and her, had taken the day off to be there. Both were there all day.
    I don't remember much of anything that morning. I don't remember getting out of bed, or getting dressed. My wife would have had to help me get dressed and help me out of bed. I couldn't do anything without help and even with her help the pain was horrendous. I don't remember the drive to the  hospital or getting there even, nothing hardly at all. I remember being in this little room where they put you right before they take you over to surgery. I remember my daughter being in there with me when the Dr came in. I remember her telling the Dr to take off enough to get all of the infection. That was one of my big fears, that they would take the leg and not get all the infection. I was praying that wouldn't happen. But for some reason I felt that if I could get through This Last....One More Time that things were going to get better. ....I Really Believed That.....
    The Dr marked my leg where he was going to take it off at and left the room without saying a word and. He wasn't much for chit-chat.
    One thing I remember now, is that I don't remember my wife being there,and I think that's awful. I wonder why? That woman was my rock and still is. I wouldn't have been able to come this far without her. And I knew that she would be there through the rest of it and beyond. You think maybe those extra painkillers I took before I left the house had anything to do with my memory?....I Bet it Did....
    They came in and gave me a happy shot and the last thing I remember was that the pain went away. ....It Didn't Hurt Anymore....        ....I Was Happy....

1 comment:

  1. Love this one dad, I remember that day. Was a scary day for everyone i think.

    ReplyDelete

Please Leave Comment